Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

protective clothing for doing insulation

03-07-02, 07:59 AM   #1  
protective clothing for doing insulation

Are cotton work gloves, paper mask and long sleves, pants the only extra clothing recommended for hanging insulation?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-07-02, 01:56 PM   #2  
Insulman
you got it.. now have fun :-)

Good Luck

Jim

04-02-02, 08:53 AM   #3  
Killer clothes

After 15 years of remodeling projects I finally found the killer setup for fiberglass. Go to an industrial supplier and buy a box of disposable Tyvek coveralls. Get the ones with the built-in hood and booties, they cost $6.00 each in boxes of 5. I found out about them from a friendly asbestos-abatement contractor.

Duct tape some yellow kitchen gloves to your sleeves, add a 3M N-95 paper mask, and get to work. Choose a cold morning (I like temps in the 30's are great) to work since the coveralls are waterproof and sweaty.

The experience at the end is unbelievable. I stand atop a trash bag, unpeel everything into the bag, and step out *completely itch free*! The shoes are clean, I'm clean (sweaty but clean). If you've ever done fiberglass before you are in for a treat. It's the best money you can spend in remodeling!

Enjoy.

Search this Thread