Insulating an exterior wall cold air return


Old 03-08-02, 08:20 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Insulating an exterior wall cold air return

My building inspector said I need to use a quilted, plastic, bubble-wrap type product to line the interior of a cold air return located on an outside wall. I've been to all the hardware stores and asked heating/cooling companies, and no one has it. Some know what the inspector is talking about, but can't tell me where to find it. What is the product there a brand name? Where can I find it? Is there an alternative material I can use?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-02, 08:34 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Its a radiance barrier product... Doesn't make sense to me to insulate the interior of a cold air return though... I could see possible installing this product in the exterior three sides of the stud space that the return is going to be installed in though...

Home Depot and Lowes both sell the product in this area.. Manufactured by Reflectix I think..

here is the web site for the radiance barrier manufacturers association you should be able to find all you need there..

Good Luck
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: