Type of Insulation in Home to buy...?


Old 04-23-02, 07:58 AM
Andrew Johnston
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question Type of Insulation in Home to buy...?

My wife and I are looking into purchasing an older home. The home has a type of insulation called...UFE?(spelling?) (sounds like "you-fee")

What is this stuff? The home owner mentioned it is sometimes a concern due to chemical vapors. Yet he said it was tested and the levels are safe.

Again, what is this stuff? How could you remove it?

Please help.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-02, 09:39 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 1,875
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You can go to http://www.carsondunlop.com/ and on the left is a report on UFFI (Urea Formaldehyde Foam Insulation). Canada was involved in a lawsuit concerning UFFI and the result was published in this report. An excellent report and is widely accepted.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: