Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Insulating Brick Home

Visiting Guest

06-07-02, 08:03 AM   #1  
pab1usa
Insulating Brick Home

I am remodeling a 2 story, clapboard over brick, cape home. When I place new siding on, I will be adding insulation to the exterior of the 2nd floor. The first floor will have to insulated gaining access to the wallspace from inside. HOWEVER, during the replacement window phase, there was carpenter ant activity in every old window sill. The home has been sprayed, and since that time I have been vigilantly watching for any more activity.

I do not wish to blow in cellulose into the walls, no matter how much they claim it has been treated. After seeing all the damage that the ants have done in the past, I don't want to even think about the possibility of providing a invitation for their return.

The problem I seem to be having is locating a local business that provides blow-in fiberglass equipment. Home Depot only rents one for cellulose, and it seems that no one carries bulk fiberglass. Any hints?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

06-08-02, 09:14 PM   #2  
Meadowraven
Good evening!

First of all, I'd let my "fingers do the walking" in the yellow pgs. and call equipment rental stores....

but.....DO get ready, as this is most usually a pay-service with insulation companies.

This is competitive and do call around to them, just IN CASE you can't find/rent the equipment.

Search this Thread