Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Need Help ASAP: Installing Pink Board Insulation

Visiting Guest

07-24-02, 12:38 PM   #1  
timgeorge
Need Help ASAP: Installing Pink Board Insulation

I need to use rigid pink board insulation behind the bar to save space (2" v 3 1/2"). I asked the folks a Home Depot as to the proper installation technique but they didn't have a clue.

Should I simply put it in place (wedge it in place really) and the drywall over it or do I need to secure it to the concrete block wall?

If so, what can I use? I have a tube of Liquid Nails lying around but didn't know if that was acceptable.

Sponsored Links

IL

07-24-02, 02:45 PM   #2  
tape it, pink board

As per my roofer just tape the edges to stop air leaks, wedge I think is fine. In my home they did not glue or attach it to the outside cement walls.

Visiting Guest

07-29-02, 12:19 PM   #3  
rbisys
Greetings,

I don't know what part of the country you are in, or the space limitations but installing foam as you have describe could cause moisture and mold problems.

Home Depot also sells bubble foil radiant barrier. If this is an out of sight situation, then you could install it and have much more insuation value. If freezing pipes is one of you problems then the foam may not be enough, the radiant barrier will be.

If your Home Depot does not have the BUbble foil then contact me as their are less expensive radiant barrier materials that will do the job. [email protected]

Thank you.

Search this Thread