tree moss


Old 05-30-05, 07:40 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question tree moss

how can i kill tree moss this is the type that is like a ball and grows into the tree not just the hanging type sorry i don't know the name for it
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-05, 07:29 PM
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 9,483
You can treat ball moss in oaks thusly: use a product named Kocide 101. It should be applied at the rate of 4 pounds in 100 gallons of water. If you are going to treat large trees I recommend you rent a tank sprayer available at some rental places. Kocide is a blue product which will not stain bricks or concrete as will iron sulfate but will discolor what it comes into contact with for a period of time. Moss will not immediately fall from the tree but deteriorates over a period of time. Severe infestations may require multiple applications over a 2-3 year period.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes