About tree root

Old 06-28-05, 11:13 AM
About the root of a tree

My neighborhood want to cut the big tree on my front yard, they said the root of tree harmful to the house foundation and underground pipes, that's true?
leediy

Last edited by leediy; 06-28-05 at 11:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-05, 07:17 PM
It is possible that the roots of the tree could cause problems. What kind of tree is it? Where is the tree relative to sewer lines and foundations? Is there a problem or is this just speculation? Whose tree is it? If it is your tree, cutting it is up to you not them.

Old 06-29-05, 09:46 AM
Is the tree near your driveway? I have an enourmous Oak tree that my driveway curves around. It is a beautiful focal point of the lot but as it grows it is pulling up my driveway. So yes, the roots can certainly do damage.

Old 06-30-05, 06:22 AM
Thanks for response, the tree one is paulownia D: about 6" located between two houses (3'10") on my side, other house' sewer maybe through here (not sure), another tree is big buckeye D: about 3.5', my house sewer maybe through this tree, I live here 8 years, no problems with sewer, because of this tree I did not make concrete driveway, but those tree on west side of my house, it is good shade on summer, another question if the tree damage other's sewer or other property who is resposible for? thanks. leediy

Last edited by leediy; 07-01-05 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-01-05, 06:29 PM
Tree roots in sewers are just a fact of life. You might be able to identify which tree's roots are involved, but liability for roots in the sewer is not much of an issue. Granted that no trees around would mean no roots in the sewers, but there are trees around. If there are roots in a sewer line, you clear them out, and move on from there.

Hope this helps.