burning bushes slow growers?

Old 07-14-05, 11:20 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
burning bushes slow growers?

we bought our burning bushes 3 years ago and have been watering them regularly and they just dont seem to be growing much .they get plenty of morning sun,probably 5 hours ,they look good but maybe im expecting too much growth too soon. we planted two about 6ft.apart,we plan on keeping them trimmed according. is the growth pattern natural? thanks for any help

Old 07-14-05, 04:12 PM
D
Have you put any fertilizer down? I use the general Miracle-Gro slow release, and it seems to work well with my woody plants. I put some down in March, and then a couple of months later. ( We live in zone 7, NC, and depending on what zone you live in, you may need to adjust the schedule)

Blessings,
Debbie Long

Old 07-14-05, 08:27 PM
burning bushes slow growing

well try your remedy and see what happens.thanks for the response

Old 07-15-05, 12:54 PM
D
Wink

Just remember to water after you apply the fertilizer - that way, it will 1. get to the roots quicker, and 2. wash off any fertilizer on the leaves, which can "burn" the foliage.

Blessings,
Debbie

Old 07-17-05, 12:05 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Burning bush is a shrub that is best left unpruned although it can be pruned if you have space issues. It is not fussy about soil requirements (except for excessive wet areas). It is considered a maintenance free shrub. Different species tend to grow at different rates. "Compactus" grows to only 6-10 feet and an even smaller variety, "Rudy Haag" grows to only 5 feet high and wide. Winged Burning Bush ( Euonymus alatus) can reach 15 feet high and just as wide.

Old 08-04-05, 10:39 AM
burning bushes slow to grow

when you talk about the two types of bushes,i persume you are talking about a regular burning bush and a dwarf bush,right? ours is reg.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: