Leaky Sprinkler head??

Old 04-13-06, 12:42 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Leaky Sprinkler head??

I recently had in ground sprinklers put it and I noticed that around one of the heads there is a small pool of water and it is very muddy. I had the landscaper come in and he took it up and said there was nothing leaking? Is this normal or is the sprinkler guy avoiding work? Thanks.

Old 04-13-06, 12:52 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Not my field of expertise but I would watch that head the next time the sprinklers were on and see if perhaps a hole(s) on that head is letting water run down the piping and causing pooling at ground level. If the system is on for say, an hour, that would let a lot of water run to the ground. Good luck and watch this post for the expert opinions.

Old 04-14-06, 01:04 PM
BSparks294
Visiting Guest
Talking

Apart from an actual leak, one other solution might be that it is the low sprinkler in the zone and the line is draining out in that spot. I have that happen on my zones because they do not have drains installed. The lowest head gets all the water from the entire line when it is shut-off.

Hope that helps.

Brad

Old 04-19-06, 06:27 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What I think could be happening is the zone valve that head is on is not shutting closed tightly and that head is the low point which is letting the water run out? My problem is after the winter I turned on the water supply to the 4 zone valves and all the valves are stuck open so the water runs and the heads can't all pop up since the pressure is low. No power is going to the valves I unplugged the controller, any ideas as to what could cause this? I live on Long Island and just moved in to this house I don't know if the previous owners blew out the system before the winter. Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: