Installing bubbleing spriklers

Old 04-17-06, 04:05 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Installing bubbleing spriklers

I am putting 5 bubblers (sprikler heads) for the garden. Is it OK to just shoot off of the lawn sprinklers and then dail down the pressure for each individual bubblers.

Old 04-17-06, 06:05 PM
C
Most every question about irrigation systems can be answered at www.jessstryker.com

Old 04-21-06, 08:36 AM
I
Thumbs up bubbling phat?

Hello phathead (great handle)'

If your primary lawn sprinklers are above ground, regular ole' hose and sprinkler types, I presume you want to install the bubblers in their spots, and connect a hose, or hoses when you want to use the bubblers. If that's the case, you can "Y" them off where needed and the smaller, tubing leading to the bubblers will reduce the pressure automatically because it's smaller tubing... Then a timer (usually $15 - $30) at the "Y" or at the faucet will shut off the water flow when you wish.

If your system is underground irrigation, I think running these bubblers off an existing line to a specific head can be done, and the smaller tubing to the bubblers will keep that pressure low, but you'll need to turn on the sprinkling "zone" to provide the water. This means you'll be watering garden and lawn, and/or additional garden area you may not want to at that time.

If your central control box has an unused zone control dial/switch, you can create a zone specific to to bubblers, but, depending on that box's proximity to your areas needing bubblers, you could have a heckuva job on your hands laying a "main" water line and running the bubbler line off of that!

I'm no expert, but I had a similar question a couple years ago, consulted the company who helped design my underground isystem some six years ago, and those were my options. Not practical for me....

Needless to say, I created and am using a "system" I described in my first paragraph. I use regular, 1/2 inch inexpensive garden hose, buried about 2 - 3 inches, (done by putting a spade in the ground, wiggling it back and forth to open a crevice, putting the hose into it, and within two weeks you could barely notice it because the grass had mended itself), from a faucet to an area where shrubs and perennials are. I left about three feet open at the faucet end so I could connect it easily when needed. I splurged for a brass, 4 opening faucet adapter, ($13 at Lowes) and a wind-up timer ($20), and have two separate areas I have configured like this.

Being in Michigan, I'm sure to disconnect both ends of the main hose before winter to reduce the chance of bursting due to water freezing in it. (Being on a grade helps even more!)

Good luck! I hope the solution you end up with isn't too complicated. Darrel

Old 04-22-06, 01:12 AM
L
Thanks for the help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: