Drip irrigation multi-zone controller?

Old 05-15-06, 10:28 AM
Drip irrigation multi-zone controller?

Four years ago I converted lawn sprayers and bush bubblers to individual pressure reducing drip heads. Now we're ready to replace all that ancient (and leaking) piping with new flexible low pressure poly tubing with smaller lines to emitters. Any suggestions for a high quality multizone controller?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-06, 07:15 PM
I have a Rainbird controller --- that I'm turning in at a landscaping class tomorrow sponsored by my city. In return they are giving me a new Weather Based Irrigation Controller.

The Rainbird was a good little unit that controlled 4 zones, but it's easily 10 years old and some of the new controllers have some very cool bells & whistles such as download weather so the system knows when to water. I'll let you know what brand they give us at class tomorrow (you also might want to check and see if your city offers a similar program.)

Old 05-20-06, 10:02 AM
Weather Based Irrigation Controller?! Wow.

I've got the drip system installed and they were able to use the existing controller. It's ancient but high quality, so I guess the WBIC will have to wait.
Thanks! Hope yours works well.

Old 05-22-06, 04:32 PM
Just to follow up -- they gave us a controller from Aqua Conserve.

http://www.aquaconserve.com/products.php#residential

I haven't installed it yet, but so far it has been easy to program and looks pretty cool

Your local water district may have a similar program.