Landscaping a propane tank

Old 05-23-06, 03:57 AM
Landscaping a propane tank

Some time ago, I came across a site that had many pictures of different landscaping techniques for above ground residential propane tanks.

I can't find the link I had, search doesn't provide me with what I'm looking for.

Does anyone have a link for something like that; many different pictures and ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-06, 01:45 PM
A google search with the term:
landscape + propane tank
got me over 400,000 hits. You might want to try again.

Newt

Old 06-04-06, 07:37 PM
While not really an answer, have you considered getting a larger tank and having it buried? Lot easier to landscape around a small lid than a big tank, and LP is usually cheaper the more you can buy at one time.

Old 06-06-06, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by Newt
A google search with the term:
landscape + propane tank
got me over 400,000 hits. You might want to try again. Newt
440,000 links to check would qualify as 'not what I'm looking for' . Especially when most them are telling me to bury it, are about buried tank covers, or the same link used by every propane company in America that says 'you can plant stuff around it'. That was pretty much the 'search' that I had tried, and other combos of it. I gave up on that after checking about 122,000 hits.

I just thought that someone might already have a nice link to pass on . The link I had was a very nice collection of photos & finished results. Some real nice stuff was there! Much more than the typical fence or bushes surrounding the tank.

If I ever find it again, I'll post it here as it really was comprehensive.

Old 06-06-06, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by Pendragon
While not really an answer, have you considered getting a larger tank and having it buried? Lot easier to landscape around a small lid than a big tank, and LP is usually cheaper the more you can buy at one time.
It's a 500 gallon tank and my first LP home. Not only is the LP cheaper in volume but being over 50, I get even more of a break when buying volume (200+gallons)!

I did think about having it buried but being a new owner, I'm still unsure about any added expenses for the tank - buying, burying - whatever. It's cheap enough to pay 'rental' on the tank for right now. I don't think I'll ever see that work 'pay for itself' either.

That side of the yard is still just dirt and a 70 ft. chain-link fence running behind the tank so I do have some room to move with ideas on it, at this point.

It's not really 'offensive' by itself, as the whole yard needs landscape work.

Old 06-06-06, 12:37 PM
Two to three evergreen shrubs should provide a natural screen for the propane tank. Lattice work can also be used and vines trained to grow on it or used as a backdrop for smaller plantings.

Old 07-08-06, 06:12 AM
lp tank scaping

whatever options you consider i would make sure to take into consideration where the truck parks to fill the tank, and ample access for the driver to hook up to the tank, if your like me you will find that nobody else will ever care as much about your plants/landscaping as you will and they tend to not be as gentle around all those plants/etc. as you are.
ive never had an lp home but a question would be can u paint it?