Tree Removal

Old 06-23-06, 06:39 AM
flugelboy
Visiting Guest
Tree Removal

I have 4 Cherry Laurel trees in my back yard. 2 of them have split down the center and one is now leaning partially on my garage. Up until now the trees have just been an ugly pain in my side but now they are endangering my house.

The trees are large (2 stories tall) and way to difficult for me to try and take down. They are also in a difficult area in that they can't just be cut and laid straight down. I got an estimate from a tree removal company for $2100 which included all hauling, stump removal and everything else for the 4 trees. He says it would take his 5 man crew a full 8am to 4pm day to do.

I've never had trees removed before and have no idea if this is a fair price. I'm going to try to get another estimate but does anybody know if this is a fair price or not?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-06, 07:29 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
more estimates in order

Estimating from afar is not easy but the size trees you describe are not big as tree go. There may be extaordinairy challenges in your particular situation that I can;t know from far away, however I do know that a good 5 man crew with the proper equipment can do alot of work in a full day..... sounds like you need another estimate or two to me.

Best of luck with your project, 38 years in the busiiness and still learning... Greensboro_man

Old 06-23-06, 09:52 AM
Around here they charge around $1000 for a nice sized tree thats easy to drop.

Old 06-23-06, 10:55 AM
K
get three bids and make sure they are insured. they could damage your home if they arent careful.

Old 06-23-06, 11:01 AM
B
I always like to mention the lowest price I received so far to the next bidder. More often then not they will try to beat it. Can't see what you have going but doesn;t sound terribly unreasonable especially if climbing is involved

Old 06-23-06, 11:12 AM
flugelboy
Visiting Guest
Thanks for all the replies. The more research I do, the more reasonable the price sounds. I just never knew it was quite that expensive.

They are definately insured (I have a copy of the policy) and licensed. The owner went over exactly what they would be doing and how they would be taking them down.

There will most definately be climbing involved. The trees are situated so that they cant just "fall" down without destroying some type of fence or structure. All 4 trees are within 15 feet of each other, on the side of a house between the house and a fence and behind a large wooden shed. The space is very tight which is what makes this job difficult.

Thanks again for your help everybody.