Too Late To Grow Wild Grass Plants?

Old 07-27-06, 11:36 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Too Late To Grow Wild Grass Plants?

Had a question about the wild grass plants. Not sure of the name. My wife knows it but they are on sale at ACE at 75% off. Just wanted to know if it was too late to grow them in the summer heat. Also, we had a above ground pool last year. Removed it and got a better one that is in another part of the yard. So, where we want to put these grass plants there is alot of that play sand you put down for above ground pools. About 2-3 inches deep. Will the plants grow in that environment? Thanks for the help in advance.

Terry

Old 07-27-06, 12:46 PM
G
Wild grass plants...

When you say wild grass plants are you referring to ornamental grass plants? If so in my experience success with hot summer planting depends entirely on your willingness to provide water to the new plants when needed.

New plantings are like small children they require alot of attention. Add to that the extremes of hot summer weather and their needs are even greater.

If your willing to do all that and the plants at ACE are actually alive they would be an excellent bargain.

Regarding the sand.. that shouldn't be a problem as long as you dig a 10 dollar hole for a 5 dollar plant and water it WHEN IT NEEDS IT.

Best of luck with your project, 38 years in the business and still learning...Greensboro_man

Old 07-27-06, 02:53 PM
N
Great advice from Greensboro Man. I would also suggest you mix in the sand with the soil and add an inch of compost to help with the texture of the soil. It would really be best to get the names of the different grasses and either ask here or research their needs at google.

Newt

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: