landscaping along chain link fence

Old 03-10-07, 08:17 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
landscaping along chain link fence

I have a long - 80 ft chain link fence on one side of my back yard. I am on a river so the view is important! I have climbing roses and some vines and other climbers but I wondered if you have any other ideas for hiding the ugly fence. There is a 6 foot bed in front of the fence. It got overgrown and raggedy looking so I took almost everything out and have basically a clean slate. It has also been a real problem that the neighbors burmuda grass gets into my bed. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. I could add more climbing roses or plant shrubs. Any thoughts?

Old 03-15-07, 01:40 AM
N
Hi Bibbus,

I would think evergreen shrubs would probably be the best solution for hiding the fence. You would need to select those hardy in your area that don't get any taller then you desire.

Another option would be to use bamboo fencing that would be attached to the chain link fence. That would only be a temporary solution as these types of bamboo fencing doesn't last all that long.

Newt

Old 03-21-07, 10:40 AM
J
is the fence nessary? if not, tear it down or replace it with a picket or more attractive style fence.

you could always try different climbers or plant a living willow fence infront. however, if the view is wanted then the willow fence will take some effort to keep it trimed....

http://www.thelivingwall.net/

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: