Sprinkler Wiring

Old 04-07-07, 03:42 PM
Sprinkler Wiring

To make a long story short. I moved into a house where no sprinklers were working. I could turn them on manually. The timer in the garage was chewed up by a dog as were most of the wiring. I installed a new Optima timer and connected all wires previously connected to the old timer and everything works except the sprinklers on the street. I can turn the valves on manually and they work. What's confusing me is why is there a 110 extension cord connected to these 2 valves and leading to the garage with no connector on it. Isn't this wire to heavy for 24 volts? On the 2 valves, the green wire from the extension cord goes to each valve, the black goes to one valve and the white goes to the other valve. Do these connect to the timer? I'm new to this and anything would help.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-07, 06:38 AM
"On the 2 valves, the green wire from the extension cord goes to each valve, the black goes to one valve and the white goes to the other valve. Do these connect to the timer? "

sounds correct.. the wire is not "too heavy", just overkill and not for underground installation. maybe those two valves were an afterthought by the previous owner.

Old 04-08-07, 08:23 AM
Sprinkler Wiring

Thank you, No they were not connected to the timer. Just laying on the garage floor with bare ends. How would you connect them to the timer?