Reference chart for gravel etc

Old 05-07-07, 12:41 AM
Reference chart for gravel etc

Can someone point me to a chart that will show me how much is in a ton for different grades of material?

For example, how many square feet/yards at 2" deep for 3/4" gravel or fill dirt or 3/8" gravel or top soil or sand. Along those lines.

A basic chart would be great but an interactive one (input material/grade, area and depth for tonnage) would really be great!

TIA

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-07, 01:04 AM
Well, 1 cubic yard is 1.3 tons of gravel.

Old 05-07-07, 08:25 AM
www.willsand.com/calculator/yardage/index.htm

Old 05-07-07, 11:31 AM
Thanks!

Very helpful - thanks! Boy, a few tons sure sounds like a lot of gravel but it really isn't, is it...

I did a little more searching around and came across this site that has a lot of useful usage-types info in the side-links as well. I'll insert it here, for sake of the thread (this dummy found it helpful):

http://www.areamulchandsoils.com/product_calculator.html

Old 05-07-07, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the link for calculating the mulch. For years, I walk and hold my hands up and count how many bags of mulch I need. Now, I can do so accurately.

Will certainly come in handy now that I am doing all my city flower beds. My Kia trunk only holds 6 bags. To get the best deal on mulch I have to buy 20 bags at a time. Transport is an issue for me. The city will not buy mulch by the truckload because of storage and transportation and delivery issues. Right now it's rectangular beds. When I move to the city park there will be round beds.

Old 05-07-07, 10:37 PM
Talking

6 bags in a KIA trunk? Imagine a Miata!

I take out the passenger seat when I go 'shopping'...

Old 05-07-07, 10:44 PM
Sorry, my seat does not remove. I'm in trouble and have no help. Been out of the picture for over a week due to allergies. Stuck home today with ear aches and can't breathe. For a woodsy person, I obviously don't have the right equipment.