Waterfall and Pond for my backyard

Old 11-18-07, 06:41 AM
Waterfall and Pond for my backyard

Hi there,

I'm currently building a pond with a waterfall, and planning to use my Lake water.

The Pond will be about 50ft from shoreline. The Pond will let the water pumped from Lake go back to lake via path with membrane/rocks.

I'm planning to put the submersible pump in lake around 20ft from shoreline and 25ft deep. The electrical line and pipe will follow. I'm planning to use only 3/4" pipe. So total distance would be 25ft deep + 25ft+ length on lake + 50ft on land, for a total of 100ft.

I'm also planning to put no pressure tank, since it is a recreational use and controlled by a timer. Which pump do you suggest to meet my needs?

See preview below.

Thanks..
Sergio

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-07, 11:05 AM
Pump

What is the total vertical lift distance from the location of the pump to point of delivery? This is how much lift the pump must have. The horizontal distance makes very little difference.

Old 11-18-07, 06:25 PM
Ok, so let's say 35ft.

My buddy is trying to convince me to throw a cheap Flotec 80$ pump in the lake with a 3/4" flex ABS pipe with 2/14 weatherproof wire.

My landscaper wants me to put a 800$ pump.

Where do I draw the line.

Thanks...
Sergio

Old 11-19-07, 04:22 AM
Pump

Go with the landscaper. Install wire sufficinet to run the pump. 14 gauge is too small.