pine trees...should they go?

Old 01-14-08, 01:19 PM
pine trees...should they go?

Hello,
I have about 10 very large pine trees in the front yard..All are close enough to hit the house if they fall. I have a saw and have cut trees before, but these would have to be done professionally.

Should they stay or go? What would the cost be to completely remove them from the yard?

During hurricane Ivan they hardly moved but I lost 2 sweetgums(the rest I can cut because there's nothing for them to hit). They provide shade but they're getting so big...

Last edited by brussell; 01-14-08 at 01:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-08, 02:16 PM
A friend of mine had some large large trees removed. He reported paying between $800 to $2,000 per tree, depending upon size. Cost will vary from area to area and among companies. Get two or three estimates. Options will include sawing up the tree, hauling it away, and stump grinding.

Old 02-11-08, 04:28 PM
I would say keep the trees. If they are creating a real problem, then have them removed. But I would be cautious in doing so. Don't forget about drainage. Make sure your homeowners insurance covers the damage the trees might do, if that is what your concern is. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck