Tips to a better curb appeal..?

Old 03-24-08, 04:26 PM
Tips to a better curb appeal..?

Any tips to a better landscape?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-08, 06:35 AM
without more info thats tough to answer. how about making sure all trees and shrubs are trimmed and add annual color to the beds i.e. flowers?

Old 04-03-08, 09:17 AM
The most impressive landscapes offer year round interest. Post photos at www.photobucket.com or other photo site with links here for observation and recommendations.

Old 04-04-08, 11:28 AM
Take photos of your own house

When I was preparing to sell my house, I decided I needed to perk up the front yard. Since I had very little to spend, I took a photo of my house and really looked at it with a critical eye to see what was lacking.

I guess since I looked at them every day, I didn't realize how tired the front shrubs looked until I saw them in a photo.

Color, color, color. I decided that with the colors on my house (taupe siding, burgundy front door), I needed to stay with the cool colors. The front of my house was in shade, so this was easy. I chose just 3 colors and did them in mass. Fushia and white impatients and hostas. The effect was really nice.

I also repainted the front door to match the shutters, and got an inexpensive sisal rug for the front porch. I also replaced the mailbox and house letters to match with the exterior house colors.

On the day of my open house, I put 3 medium size pots of Fushia flowers on one end of the stairs leading up to the house.

End result--the fourth person to look at it made an offer!