Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

Bad sprinkler system winterization or just bad luck?

Old 04-24-08, 07:30 AM

Hi All - Last fall we paid a sprinkler company to winterize our sprinkler system. Last night we decided the turn on procedure was probably going to be much easier and we could do it ourselves. We were able to do it, but in the process noticed a crack in the ball valve at the outdoor water supply (which feeds both the sprinker system and the hose). It looks like something that could have been caused by ice and it was definitely not there last fall. I thought the idea behind the winterization of the sprinkler system was to prevent this from happening? I know we're going to have to replace the ball valve, but I'm just wondering if we should complain to the sprinkler company or just accept it and call a plumber. We're new homeowners, so this is our first foray into sprinkler systems.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-08, 07:51 AM
Wink

Id for sure call the company back that did the the job for you. Tell them they didnt winterize is right .