Building playground/swingset in sloped back yard

Old 04-28-08, 06:44 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Building playground/swingset in sloped back yard

I had been planning on putting this off for a year or two, but my parents are offering to buy us one of the kits from Menards (like Lowes or Home Depot) and now I need to figure out what to do.

Most take an area around 30' by 30'. My entire back yard is about 35' deep by 57.5' wide and the elevation changes by 4.5'. Mostly it's sloping down from the back of the house, but there's some sloping down near the side of the lot as well. Beyond our yard is a swail area which I don't entirely understand just what that means..

I'm trying to figure out just what I need to plan on doing to prepare the site. I'm reading about surfaces with rubber mulch 9" deep and stuff like that and a level surface, yadda yadda yadda...

Man, I must've killed myself when I was a kid with a swing set with metal polls set directly on ground that was packed hard by all the cars my dad restored and drove over it!

Anyway, assuming I plan to make a level area by excavating the high parts to build up the low parts, I can only imagine that I need to be aware of some sort of stuff as far as drainage, but I don't even have any idea where to begin researching...

Old 03-07-10, 06:35 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Any solutions?

Hello,

Just wondering what you may have come up with. I'm about to close on a property that sits on at the top of 1.6 acres of a fairly steep slope.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: