Flotec pump - repair or replace?

Old 05-10-08, 07:11 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Flotec pump - repair or replace?

I have a 1.5 HP flotec irrigation pump that has become intermittent (will pump and then not pump - cycling every 10-20 sec) and has now stopped pumping. It is 4 years old and it pumps water from a lake to my sprinklers. The motor is still running but it is fairly warm (which it usually is). IS it worth tearing it down and replacing whatever is wrong (impeller , etc.) or should I just buy a new one (again - it seems every 3-4 years I have to).

Many thanks for your help in advance.
Chuck

Old 09-15-09, 10:20 PM
M
My 3/4hp pump won't start until 4th try or more

I have a 3/4hp Flo Tec pump for my Ac, pulls water out of the ground BUT when thermostat activates system, the pump gets juice and trys to start (hums) but clicks off after 2-3 seconds before actually starting to pump. Replaced the pressure guage on the side and cleaned out little water tube. Wondering if it is the capacitor (or whatever) inside the back cover. Usually starts after four trys but now getting worse. Pump runs all day with no problem once it starts.
Help!!!
Marshall Dean

Old 09-16-09, 05:48 PM
T
Chuck: - more than repairing your pump, why do you have to replace your pump every 3-4 years? What is your water source like, and how are you pumping the water out of this lake? It sounds like you are either pulling in dirty water or something is unbalanced in your system causing your pump to die. I would take it in for service, they can give you an estimate for service most likely and if you dont want to fix it you are not out too much money for the diagnostic.

I think you should ask them what could cause this if they had any ideas--like dirt on the impellars, etc.

Marshall: - you have an electrical problem with your pump which I cannot guide you on fixing. It's also difficult to say what could be the problem because some symptoms can have multiple causes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: