How to calculate fill on an uneven surface

Old 05-27-08, 06:45 AM
How to calculate fill on an uneven surface

So that is my question, I am bringing fill in with my dump trailer for a person I know and they want to level out their front yard. They also want me to build a retaining wall. The area is about 30 feet long, coming away from the front of the house it drops about 2.5 feet on one side and then it drops about 4.5 feet on the other side (it's tapered). I checked with my laser level in about 8 different spots and i was wondering if there was a way to figure out how much fill was needed or if you just guess? I can figure it with a flat area but i'm wondering if there is a way to figure out a uneven area semi accurately.

Thanks, Aaron

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-08, 05:47 AM
Bump.
Anyone?

Old 06-06-08, 12:12 PM
We need 1 more measurement. Is that 30 ft from length of the wall or the distance from the house to the wall. I need "length X with X height" to help you out. You only gave us "length X height". I am assuming you are using dirt to fill the area in? I work for a landscaping company and have built numerous retaining walls over the last 6 years. If you need any other help let me know.