Chainsaw stuck

Old 05-28-08, 12:57 PM
Exclamation Chainsaw stuck

Hello, I was out clearing some trees the other day and I got my chainsaw stuck. When i wedged it, the tree fell back on the saw. I was able to push the tree (it was a smaller one) back and retrieve the saw. However, now the chain refuses to run around the bar. I know it's hard without pictures, but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone. The saw will start up fine but when you give it some throttle the chain refuses to move. It won't budge an inch. I'm not sure if maybe I bent the bar a little bit or maybe I bent one of the "teeth" and now it's catching inside? I had also considered the posibility that I have warped the clutch. Any ideas?

Last edited by youdohaho; 05-28-08 at 01:02 PM. Reason: forgot a few things
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-08, 01:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums!

Did you check to make sure the brake isn't engaged?

If the brake is off, see if you can move the chain by hand - with the motor off!

Old 05-29-08, 10:28 AM
You can also try completely loosening the chain and spin it, then see if it works, if it doesn't you can take the whole bar off and see if the drive gear works on the saw itself. I would just start by the process of elimination. If it is the bar, you can buy a new bar pretty cheap.