Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

How do I find the valve associated with one system station?

Old 05-31-08, 10:17 AM
B
BAM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I have 6 stations to my sprinkler system and all work except the 6th one. I'm thinking it's a bad valve. I'm a girl and watched a valve replaced years ago, but don't remember how to FIND the valve associated with that station to even know if that's the problem. Called a guy. He said, "$187.50. We've gone up." Help?

Old 06-06-08, 12:21 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Go to your valve control box and open each valve about a half a turn. Doing so will cause the water to flow through each zone and the sprinklers will start spraying water. When you go to turn them back off, don't be alarmed if it takes 10-20 seconds for the water to turn back off after you tightened the valve. If the zone that isn't working starts working when you turn that zones valve, then you have found the valve. You could just have a bad solenoid on that valve....which is why it doesn't turn on or there could be a problem with the wiring between your controller and the valve.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: