sprinkler zone stays on

Old 06-26-08, 11:25 AM
Unhappy sprinkler zone stays on

i started up my system recently and when goning through program, (4 zones) zone 1 starts, then zone 2 begins and zone 1 stays on when zone 3 goes on zone 2 remains on and then finally turns off when zone 4 is activated. The system clock is old, probably around 20 years (i am not the purchaser). Does this soudn more like a clock issue or solinoid?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-08, 03:45 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
some timers have a 15 sec. delay between zones so that the former valve has time to shut off, this is not normally needed if the pressure is good, but this is a feature of most Nelson timers. the other problem could be the bleed hole of the valves which sometimes get gunked up.

Old 07-10-08, 01:05 PM
will try the bleed hole with the valve that probably is the problem - i have 1 valve (solenoid) that probably needs to be cleaned up because it is burried in mud. will clean out the valve box and take it from there. my other solenoids are mounted on the wall of my house.

Old 07-11-08, 03:55 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
When you disassemble ensure everything is kept clean, I will usually dig the dirt away and spray the valve clean with a hose and then bail out the excess water before disassembly, make sure that you do not loose the spring and Oring that some have between the 2 halves, also make sure that there is no debris in the solenoid plunger that would make it hang up.