Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

rainbird sprinkler head for septic system is stuck and wont turn

Old 07-13-08, 11:32 AM

I have two sprinkler heads at the back of my property that spray the water from my septic system. One of them is stuck and wont turn like the other. It just now started doing this. What should I check ?

Last edited by BitShift; 07-13-08 at 11:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-08, 12:25 PM
It sounds like it has a little sand or dirt in it. All you have to do is take it off. Get a hose and wash it off and wash it out. Clean it up good and put it back on. It should just unscrew off the pipe.

Old 07-15-08, 07:20 PM
I took the top part off and tried to see if there wre any sand or twigs etc, in the housing but couldnt see any.

Its a Rainbird system and the popup rotor that is having trouble is the 2045A maxipaw , plastic model
http://www.rainbird.com/parts/rotors.htm

Old 07-15-08, 08:42 PM
A few grains of sand in the drive gears will stop it from turnning. We have had some that just would not come clean.Some times a new one is the best way to go..

Old 07-19-08, 06:46 PM
Its working again ???!!!???

Not sure if there just wasnt enough water or pressure in the system, but after doing a load of dishes, i noticed the septic sprinklers came on. Sure enough, the one that was stuck before was now working fine.For anyone just now reading this thread, the sprinkler head in question, was one of two that are used for an aerobic septic system to discharge the effluent or waste water.

Old 07-19-08, 07:02 PM
Question

I am glad it started working. There may be something else going on. The pump in you septic, pumps the same amout of water every time it come on. There is some reason it didn't turn before you washed.???