Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

Sprinkler System - Low water volume at the source

Sprinkler System - Low water volume at the source

Old 07-19-08, 08:09 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Smile Sprinkler System - Low water volume at the source

Hi -

I have some experience installing a large sprinkler system at my current house and am planning to install a system at my girlfriend's house soon. However, her house has unusually low water volume coming from the supply line (supply line looks to be 3/4" as opposed to 1-1.5".

What is the best way to handle this? I plan to add more zones/fewer heads per zone, but am wondering if there are some best practices in terms of head type, system design, etc. that can help me?

One specific question....if I opt to install main lines off the manifold that are 1/2" as opposed to 3/4" will this help mitigate the problem of low water volume? I am planning for very few pop up heads per zone and more drip zones than usual as these seem to handle low volume better.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Old 07-19-08, 10:24 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Find a new source. no, just picken. You may have to use more drip than spray. Maybe use misters, or small sprayheads.I wouldnt use small pipe. I would run 1.25" or 1.5" main lines. If the source ever changes the piping will be large enough to acomadate larger zones or more sprayheads.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: