Short Path Across Lawn

Old 09-14-08, 11:50 PM
Short Path Across Lawn

I finally got a lawn on the side of the house. It was basically a dry riverbed from the runoff coming down the street and hanging a right straight into the driveway, until I successfully badgered the city into putting a curb and driveway pan in front of the house. The distance between the driveway and the privacy fence/gate to the back yard is only about 15', but gets a fair amount of traffic. It has a gentle grade towards the fence. I'd like to put a path in before I fall seed. I have a pile of 3/4" pea gravel. I also have enough different shaped gray and red slate pieces if I spaced them out.

As is my tendancy, I dont want to make this a Hollywood production. The gravel bordered with edging? The slate in stone dust with edging? The slate in the soil and let the grass grow in between? Any advice would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-08, 01:56 PM
You certainly have presented some options. My personal preference would be to use the slate as stepping stones. Placing stones in soil would make for easier lawn maintenance, as the mower could pass over the stones. Trimming and edging would be limited to the occasional weedeater trim to keep grass from covering stones.

Old 09-25-08, 05:38 PM
Yes, thats exactly what I decided. No muss no fuss, and I can roll the mower right over them.