seepage from sprinkler heads

Old 10-21-08, 05:25 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
seepage from sprinkler heads

I have read all the post about bad solenoids or dirt blockage, but I have a well fed pump with an indexing valve or that is what I think it is called. It has 4 zones and a disc that rotates each time the pump is powered on. So that being said why would I have a decent flow of water seeping from multiple heads when the pump is off? Is it possible that with the large quanity of rain we had in this part of Florida that the well is just overflowing and pushing water?

Old 10-21-08, 07:42 PM
It sounds like you are talking about a "K-Rain" type valve. They have a disk that rotates when the pump or flow of water stops.
On some older ones the spring gets week or the disk dosen't seal as it should.

If the spray heads are down hill. They may be siphoning water. With a high enough water table it can happen.

Travis

Old 10-22-08, 05:21 AM
L
Originally Posted by waterwelldude View Post
It sounds like you are talking about a "K-Rain" type valve. They have a disk that rotates when the pump or flow of water stops.
On some older ones the spring gets week or the disk dosen't seal as it should.

If the spray heads are down hill. They may be siphoning water. With a high enough water table it can happen.

Travis
http://www.septicmaintenanceonline.com/indexingvalve
That is the type of valve I am talking about. I pulled the cap and everything look to be in tact and working inside. If that is the case and nothing is broke and none of the heads are up, yet they still weep water from the whole zone. Am I looking at a high water table? None of my neighbors are experiencing the same thing. I can acually stand near the pump and hear the water flowing through the pipe with the system off.

Old 10-22-08, 06:46 PM
B
If you took the top off the indexing valve and water was not flowing through it then you have not developed a flowing artesian well. I agree with waterwelldude that you are just getting a back siphoning from your 'uphill' zones.

B

Old 10-22-08, 08:25 PM
L
Originally Posted by BunkyX View Post
If you took the top off the indexing valve and water was not flowing through it then you have not developed a flowing artesian well. I agree with waterwelldude that you are just getting a back siphoning from your 'uphill' zones.

B
I did have water flowing through the valve when I opened it. Not sure what you mean by "back siphoning" the land is extremely flat, Florida lot. With the pump off should there be a garden hose amount of water flow through the valve?

Old 11-02-08, 12:37 PM
T
Where is your water source at?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: