Poly tube to schedule 40 PVC

Old 03-21-09, 07:22 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Poly tube to schedule 40 PVC

Hello all. Hope Im in the right place. I have about 8' by 16' raised garden and was thinking about putting down some line for wattering. I saw on one website where they put down schedule 40 PVC, used T's etc and ran it around the perimeter and through the middle, with little holes drilled in it. This watter it all at the same time though.
Here is a link:
http://extension.usu.edu/files/publi..._2008-02pr.pdf

If I wanted to use schedule 40 and just attach some of the small 1/4" poly tubes with drip emmiters at the end, how do I connect this small hose to a 3/4" or 1/2" schedule 40 pvc line???

I do realize I could use the 1/2" flexible poly tubing but would rather use the schedule 40.

Suggestions?
Thanks,
Caito

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-09, 08:55 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You can pvc glue in reducer couplings until you reach 3/4" and then use a 3/4" pvc female adaptor. That means it will have threads on one side (that you screw something into) and a glue fitting on the other. The threads will be on the inside of this fitting.

From any hardware store you can get a brass 3/4" thread by 3/4" hose male to male fitting. It will have threads on either side and costs around $4. If you use this in between the hose and the pvc it will make life a lot easier when you connect the two.

However, you can also buy drip irrigation tubing from harware stores now and it might be easier than drilling lots and lots of holes into pvc. It may cost more, it may cost less. However, it would probably be easier.