"MV Fuse" message on sprinkler display

Old 04-16-09, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
"MV Fuse" message on sprinkler display

Last fall, just before shutting down the system for the winter, I started getting an "MV fuse" display on the panel of my TORO sprinkler controller. The zones would come on, then shut down which is when I would get the message. I've searched different places but can't come up with a definitive answer as to what the problem is. Would anyone have any ideas what this might be and how to fix it?

Thanks

TY163

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-09, 03:26 PM
What is the exact model of your toro controller? Its hard to guide you without that info.

Old 04-23-09, 05:55 AM
Sorry,
The model # is TMC-212

TY163

Old 04-24-09, 05:03 PM
If you actually have a master valve, which I cannot be positive of, then the solenoid (part of the valve) has become bad enough that it needs replacing.

Look at the wires and see if there is one going to the MV or Pump spot. The toro model doesnt line them up 100% sometimes so double check what you find.

If you are not using the master valve at all, this controller allows you to "turn off" the master valve feature, thereby ignoring this warning.

Old 04-25-09, 11:07 AM
I do have wires going into the master valve spot. If I am understanding your post correctly, I can just shut this off and run the zones without it? Is the master valve needed to run the rest of the system without having an adverse effect on it. The wires coming from the MV spot are black and white.
Is there a way to tell if I have a master valve, or which one it is?

TY163

Old 04-25-09, 10:17 PM
There are a few possibilities for having a Master Valve:

1. You have a pump, well or booster pump. In this case, if you remove the wires you system will not work at all.

2. You have a master valve and city water (or water that just flows so long as a faucet is open, basically). In this case, the master valve and the zone or station have to both open in order to work. If this is the case the first step to correct this issue is to replace the solenoid and possibly the entire valve.

3. There are wires hooked up to your master valve but they go nowhere. Strange but possible.

If you try the system with the MV wire removed and nothing happens (no water) than you have situation 1 or 2.

If you remove the MV wire and everything works great than yo have a booster pump and it may or may not be neccessary or the wires dont actually go anywhere.

Old 05-12-09, 06:07 PM
Thanks Captain,
I changed the solenoid and this seems to have fixed the problem.

TY163

Old 05-12-09, 08:16 PM
excellent. If the problem happens again this year, there could be another problem. But for now, lets consider it done.