Old 04-26-09, 01:43 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Problem testing timer, only one valve opens

I have an Orbit 6 zone timer, model 57194, and have programmed as follows:

Start time: 7:00am
Duration: 60 minutes for zones 1, 3, 4, 5
Days of week: Monday and Thursday

To test the timer I selected manual, then program A, then enter. The zone 1 flag begins to flash and I hear a click and water flowing into the manifold (zone 1 is the valve that controls water coming from the main water line), however the others zones while highlighted with flags do not flash and water does not flow through. To test the other zones I selected each of the valves individually and heard a distinctive click on each however without zone 1 on there was no incoming water. I also tried resetting the system and reprogramming with the same results.

Appreciate any advice.
Doug

Old 04-26-09, 01:58 PM
T
on that manual button, keep pressing it until you see the word "all". sometimes you can skip to the next zone by using the next switch, other times you cannot.

Oh, is this a new system you have, new controller? Did it work before and just stopped today?

Old 04-26-09, 02:17 PM
D
I tried the all button with same results, zone 1 flashes, clicks on. Zones 3,4,5 are highlighted but do not flash and do not click on.

It's a new controller, first time setting it up.

Also, I just tried manually opening zone 1 to let water in then individually testing zones 3,4,5, all worked individually.

Old 04-26-09, 05:40 PM
T
do you have a different zone wire going to each valve and into a number in the clock 1,2,3,... etc and each valve has a common wire that goes into the C, or common of the controller? If so, then you may have some bad wire splices.

Run one of the non-working zones from the clock. Go to the valve. If it feels and sounds like its buzzing then your wiring is fine. If it does not buzz, you have a problem.

Sry, clock and controller are the same thing. I use them interchangeably.

Old 05-01-09, 11:31 AM
D
Problem solved. Called Orbit who told me that the normal operating procedure for this and probably most timers is that only one valve comes on at a time (d'oh!).

The timer I have is an indoor timer and doesn't have a dedicated pump valve, e.g., one that turns on and stays on while individual zones are activated.

I'm off to HD to exchange this timer for an outdoor timer with dedicated pump valve.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: