Rainbird ISA 304 problem

Old 05-15-09, 06:49 PM
Rainbird ISA 304 problem

Hello all,

I'm just beginning to understand Sprinkler system controllers - because I have a problem with my system at home.

I've got a Rainbird ISA 304 controller. 2 stations , custom program.

When I operate both stations manually, they work fine. However, when I program them, one of them does not work. The other one works just fine.

What could be the issue? Is it time to change it? I don't know how old it is, since it came with the house when i bought it.

Thanks in advance!
-G

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-09, 04:48 AM
Did you mean manually from the controller or manually from the yard?

The most likely cause is that the valve has gone bad and is not working. The clock could be at fault but it is more likely its the valve itself.

Old 05-16-09, 08:54 AM
Hi Captain,

I meant manually from the controller... Makes me feel therefore, that the valve is ok?

Thoughts?

-G

Old 05-16-09, 04:23 PM
ah, okay.

I am going to guess here that your first zone works and your second zone does not.

When you go to duration on the left size and use the up and down arrows to add time... say 20-30 minutes or whatever.... you hit the advance button afterwards.

When you program station/zone #2, press the advance button after you have entered in the desired runtime... if you don't sometimes this controller does not store that time in it.

If you reset the clock entirely it will default to 10 minutes each, which is not enough time in most cases.

See if that fixes your problem and if not we can keep working on it until we find you a solution.

Old 05-28-09, 10:23 PM
Will respond in a couple of days.

Hi Captain,

I'm out of town at the moment and will reach home Saturday. When I do, I'll follow your suggestion and respond back. Thanks!

-G

Old 05-08-11, 08:59 AM
Question ISA304 issue

I had similar issue as Captain. As I turned on manually 2 station at yard worked fine. But When I turned on by auto mode or manual mode by timer controller, then only 1 station is watering. Can you help me how to solve the problem. Thanks a lot