Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

Repair Kit Question for Watts 800M4 Pressure Vacuum Breaker

Old 06-14-09, 09:25 AM

hi there,

I have a Watts 800M4-FR Pressure Vacuum Breaker that someone must have stolen the interior parts out of since last fall (when it still worked properly). I have the bonnet but when you unscrew it there are no parts inside and when you turn on the water it comes pouring out through the bonnet. There is still enough pressure to raise the sprinkler heads but not much.

I don't know which repair kit i need. here's the list: Watts: 800M4FR | Freeze Resistant Pressure Vacuum Breakers

I'm guess the Bonnet replacement kit or Vent Float Kit?

I also need to know how to determine what size repair kit - 1/2" - 2"?

any help you can provide is GREATLY appreciated! single mother on a budget must do most repairs herself - THANKS!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-09, 12:44 PM
if you do not know the size, look at the plate on the side of the breaker and read the model number. Do a search for the model number and it will tell you its size.

There are a lot of components that you may be missing. Its hard to tell what you have left. Are you saying that you have nothing inside at all, or is it cracked and broken?

I doubt someone would just steal the parts from you, it is more likely something was done wrong and yours froze over the winter, but you never know. It is not super easy to take the inside parts out but much easier to take the entire thing away for a thief.

Do you have any parts at all, or just that top cover?

Old 06-24-09, 07:23 AM
thanks a lot for your reply.

when i take the bonnet off and look inside there is only a thin, black rubber ring at the top (that I can take out) and about mid-way down is a black hexagon-shaped piece (that i couldn't move and that looks like something would fit into it), but that's it. i can look straight down to the silver shut-off.

weird right?