B&D rechargeable elec. mower won't start

Old 07-26-09, 09:07 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
B&D rechargeable elec. mower won't start

I took it out and threw the switch like usual, but then realized I had forgotten to insert the key.

I put the key in and it wouldn't go in all the way-still no start.

I released the deadman cutoff at the handle bar and tried turning it on again- this allowed the key to drop into the correct position, but still no start.

When I say no start, I mean no sound of anything, no sign of life at all.

anyone have any ideas?

thanks!

Old 07-26-09, 09:26 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
I do not know about the modern ones but the batteries 25 years ago had a concealed fuse on top next to the fill caps. Give us a model number and maybe we can help better.

Old 07-26-09, 10:15 AM
S
Info on the web indicates that if the key is damaged in any way the mower will not run.Check and make sure it is in no way damaged,bent,missing tabs etc.

If it is the battery there is no "homeowner" set up for replacement.B&D apparently only suggests a service center.There is no mention anywhere of a fuse but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

How old is your mower?How many times has it been recharged?Do you leave the battery on the charger or remove it when it has fully charged even if you're not using it then?

Rechargeable batteries all have limited lives and once dead replacement is the only option.Some batteries can be damaged by long term charging.That doesn't mean yours is one of them but it's possible.

Old 07-26-09, 10:27 AM
O
Model # CMM 1000 0015F
Type 4 24V

Old 07-26-09, 10:31 AM
O
My mower is probably 9 years old- I replaced the battery(ies) last August. (8/18/08)

I leave it plugged in year round when not in use. I don't think it's a battery issue because up until today there was no indication of lack of power (like what happens when the battery is running down)

I think when I tried starting it without the key in place, I did something that is now preventing it from starting.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: