Couple of Sprinkler issues......

Old 08-27-09, 09:28 AM
Question Couple of Sprinkler issues......

well I guess it could be the same issue in a way but I have a couple sprinklers in a new home of ours that needs attention.

One sprinkler in the front rises but doesnt spray. Assume to just be dirty or clogged? whats an easy fix?

One riser in the front needs to be changed out? It sprays a 180 degree path when I need it to only do a 90 degree path. I have seen some where you can set the spray pattern but I am not sure if mine is like this, can I simply replace the riser or do I need to buy a whole new sprinkler?

Riser at the back of house is chipped so now I have a beautiful fountain in the mornings when I head to work. My plan with this is since I am going to put a new patio there I am going to remove this one. Would it be reccomended to cap at the "T" assuming this is the situation or putting in a coupling piece and remove the "T"?? are there any pitfalls for me to worry about it with this?

also there are 3 bush sprinklers in the front of the house that are nice to have but really do suck at their purpose in my opinion. Sort of annoying eye sore as well because they are white and are over the bushes by at least 6 inches. Is there a better option for watering the bushes?

If these questions are pretty novice I am sorry, first house!!!! Beer 4U2

thanks for anyones help up front!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-09, 05:15 PM
Sounds like your problems can mostly be fixed for under $10. What you need are a few nozzles. The one that pops up and does not spray is indeed clogged. Sometimes dirt gets into them and stops them from working.

With the water off you can unscrew the nozzle for the spray head.

Search pictures for "spray nozzle" and you will see pictures of how they go together--pictures always help.

Nozzles come in many varieties and it would be impossible without several pictures for me to tell you what you need to replace yours with, or what type. You need 2 pieces of information to go with you to a store or an irrigation supply store or irrigation company, most of whom will sell out of their office.

1. What brand of nozzles do you have--if need be, just bring them in.

2. What area do you want them to cover? what distance and how wide from a 2* wide angle or a full 360* circle.

For the ones in the bushes you can turn them off. On the top of virtually all nozzles there will be a small flat-tipped screw on top. Simply turn it to the right until the water stops coming out. DO NOT continue past that point or you will break it. Remember to open the sprays in the bushed you dont want when its time to blow them out/winterize or the water will be trapped and potentially freeze.

Old 08-28-09, 06:21 AM
hmm didnt think about how far I need the spray to go. I guess I will just pull it out and see what the store says. I searched some pictures but nothing looked close to what I have in my yard......

Thanks for your assistance!

Old 08-28-09, 09:27 AM
if need be, take a picture of yours and I can take a look and help you out further. Each manufacturer makes them slightly different for the most part--so they are not all compatible with each other 100% of the time.

Old 08-28-09, 09:30 AM
great, when i get home tonight I will see what I can do, thanks!!