fence on concrete?

Old 01-20-10, 09:02 PM
Question fence on concrete?

Hi there. We're buying our first house, and it has an ... interesting landscape situation. My main question is about putting up a privacy fence at the end of a concrete driveway. The driveway is very long, and I think it would be nice to use the last 1/3 of it for a quiet patio. however, it needs some kind of fence or barrier to section it off from the rest of the driveway and the street. I'm thinking like some kind of fence, but the problem then is how to "anchor" the posts. I don't think I want to jackhammer up the concrete just yet. Is there some other option?
Also, there are a few smaller areas outside that are concrete instead of grass- any good ideas for planters or anything else to soften up the look a little?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-10, 06:00 AM
Group Moderator
You can use steel brackets attached to the bottom of your fence posts and anchor bolts into the concrete. The anchor bolts only require small (about 1/2" to 3/4") holes to be drilled into the concrete. If you ever change your mind and want to remove the fence you just unbolt it and drive the bolts down through the driveway (if you drilled your holes all the way through the concrete) or cut the bolts off flush with the top of the concrete.