Ideas for slope stabilization?

Old 04-27-10, 09:27 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ideas for slope stabilization?

I've got a small slope in my backyard that leads from the lawn, to the edge of the woods. I'm looking for any ideas on what I can do to stabilize it with a small amount of money(think plantings, grasses, etc..) and work done by myself. Heres a picture:
Theres a landscaping barrier I put up when I added fill 2 years ago to extend the yard a bit, and I used the extra hay bales from planting the lawn to add support to the base, but the slope is slipping and eroding. I'd like to build it back up(the dirts is all there) and stabilize it. A big tree just came down, I'm thinking of cutting it up and using logs to replace the hay bales and landscape barrier. Any ideas on design or suggestions for good, mostly shaded plantings that will add stability is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 04-28-10, 06:55 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Pachysandra is a good groundcover that grows well in shade as is English Ivy. If there was 50% sun, I would have suggested Blue Rug Juniper which prefers full sun, but can grow (slower) if half sun.

You also will need to think about measures to prevent erosion from heavy rain at the top of the slope. If you see evidence of this, consider a truckload of attractive rocks to provide a runoff path that can't be washed away.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: