New Irrigation System Installation

Old 10-16-10, 04:32 AM
New Irrigation System Installation

I'm in the process of getting estimates for a new system installed in my front yard and the quotes seem to be all over the place. I know a little about irrigation systems, but I'm curious as to why one company might want to install 5 zones while another company wants to install 7? What would be the benefit of more or less zones? My front yard is about 20,000 sqft, so I know it's going to require quite a few zones, but I need some help.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-10, 11:19 AM
approx. 8 heads per 2700 sq ft. =7-8 zones It would require alot more water to go less(5) and alot larger pipe to go less. They could however go to 1 gallon per min. heads and potentially increase to 16 heads per zone but the distance of the heads would have to be reduced by about 25% and each zone would have to run about 1 hour to get enough water down. With that said I would recommend no less than 7 zones, and figure on paying anywhere from $4500 to $5500 another rule of thumb is .25 per sq ft or about $5000. Warranties should be as follows 1 year on labor 2 years on electrical ie. timer and zone valves, and 4-5 years on the heads, pipe and fittings. Make sure they give you a good timer and not one purchased from one of the big box stores or at least one that is easy to operate. hope this helps.

Old 11-01-10, 12:17 AM
Thanks Wannabee. Your pricing is pretty much spot on and the warranty information follows too.