Rainbird supply

Old 03-09-11, 06:26 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Rainbird supply

I'm gonna need some help here. I live in the country and have never seen a Rainbird. I have a client who had all his UF laid and wanted me to hook up his 240v pump at the lake for irrigation. I installed a site disconnect and wired up the motor. Proceeded to the outbuilding where the other end of the cable was. I asked him what was going to control this pump. He just looked at me, handed me a Rainbird SST-900i control panel (24v) and said "I dunno". Well, I know I will need a motor control relay with 24v coil, that's no problem. Does anyone know if the Rainbird incorporates a signal that will operate this relay? The box says "so simple you can forget the instructions"......well, they're right, as there are no instructions about installation other than the zone sprinkler heads.
1) Again, does the Rainbird incorporate a signal for a relay?
2) I've read and naturally would install a pressure relief valve (but I'm not doing the plumbing, just want to make sure it is done right)
3)Do you think the unit would need a pressure switch like a well? Reason I am asking, his other pump is direct wired and I cannot find any control for it, other than the Rainbird control panel.

Keep in mind this guy bought a lakefront house, did a bunch of remodeling and addition to the irrigation system, etc. Then he bought the adjacent lot ($250k) to make a "wedding chapel" if you will. It has extensive landscaping, pagoda, fountains, firepit. So basically he wants it to work. Pity the plumber doing the piping .

I'll wait for the replies. Gotta get this done tomorrow, I hope.
Thanks guys.

Larry

Old 03-09-11, 11:35 AM
I think I got the electrical figured out by googling several rainbird associated sites. For information, there is a MV terminal which is for motor control and sends the 24 volt signal out when required. I'll take any advice you have to give, so don't gloss over it as "solved". Thanks.

Old 03-09-11, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
Do you not have a schematic with the controller?

Old 03-09-11, 05:06 PM
No schematic with the unit as shipped. I did find one online and was able to discern the information I needed for the signal to the motor relay. Guy called this afternoon and said he "found" a relay in his garage that he bought with the Rainbird. So we'll see what he has tomorrow. If it is made for the Rainbird, that's great. Otherwise I'll go to the supply house and get one. Thanks for the response Greg.

Old 03-10-11, 05:35 PM
Worked like a charm!! I'm not gonna start another post just for this little rant. Why is it when you do a small job for a little old lady, they are standing there with their pocketbook in hand, pulling cash out ready to pay you for your time. They can't afford it, because their SS check isn't due for another week. BUT the guy with millions hides from you when you come to get your money!!!!!!! Hope he gets his manifold solenoids wired properly. OK, I'm through.

Old 03-10-11, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
Why is it?
It is not as much about how much money you get as it is about not giving what you have to others!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: