Positioning sprinkler around mailbox

Old 03-21-11, 06:49 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Positioning sprinkler around mailbox

I am trying to re-do part of my irrigation system since there are about 7 sprinkler heads where I really only need 3. I'd like to put one in each corner of the yard next to the street, and a third in the middle. Pretty standard, I think.

My dilemma is how do I get around the mailbox? The mailbox is about 4 feet or so from the driveway, so if I put a sprinkler at the corner of the driveway and road, then it will hit the mailbox, which leads to multiple issues.

If I put the sprinkler a few feet in from the road (to avoid the mailbox), then a strip of lawn won't be irrigated. If I put it on the other side of the mailbox then an even larger strip won't be irrigated (including a flower bed lining the driveway).

I don't have many irrigation systems in my neighborhood to use as an example, so I don't know what the proper design should be around the mailbox. The last guy that owned my house definitely didn't know what he was doing.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-11, 08:47 AM
B
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
My sprinkler hits the mail box. I never thought of any issues.

Old 03-22-11, 06:04 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If I put my sprinkler a foot from my mailbox, then when the spinkler turns in line with the mailbox it would be as if I'm standing there holding my hand in front of the sprinkler.

This seems like poor design to me - the water will not make it to the 25 ft+ of grass on the other side of the mailbox and instead be splashed back, wasting water.