Where can I find a lawn expert?

Old 03-25-11, 09:23 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Where can I find a lawn expert?

The lawn on the north side of my house is pitiful year in and year out despite having a lawn maintenance company that kills weeds, and spreads seeds and fertilizer. I think the soil, which seems clay-like, needs to be treated but I don't know what is best. So, I'd really like to have an expert come by and look at it and give me advice. Anyone know where I can find one?

thanks

E Steve K

Old 03-26-11, 05:27 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
First, I would take soil samples, as your lawn maintenance company should have done and have them analyzed. They did this, right??? OK, so they didn't. How do they know how much nutrients your lawn needs. Just throwing fertilizer out there only puts money in their pockets. Go to your County Extension Service and obtain a soil sample kit. Take samples according to the directions and have it analyzed. Some do it for free (if you tell them it is for crops) and sometimes there is a nominal fee ($25 or so). It is the best money you can spend. Once you have this analysis, you will be the "expert" and can dump your fertilizer throwing maintenance company, save money and put that money to a better use. You may need to add a soil topping mixture, lime to kill weeds, a different combination of fertilizer mix (there are many, and your maintenance company is doing it blindly), and start it on a nutrient regimen that may take a couple of seasons to perfect, but I think you will be pleased with what you can do.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: