Irrigation system

Old 03-31-11, 11:04 AM
Irrigation system

I am looking to improve my yard this spring/summer and one of the things is installing an irrigation system.

Any ideas where I can get plans, what parts to use or step by step... To me , looks like the hardest part will be digging the whole yard.

thanks,

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-11, 08:26 AM
Group Moderator
There are several brands that come to mind but I think Rain Bird has the best instructions and how to videos on their website. They also offer a free service to plan your layout. You fill in some details and send them a scaled sketch of your yard and they send back a plan of what type of sprinkler heads to use and where to locate them. Another site you can look at is for Orbit Irrigation.

Old 04-01-11, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator
You have alot of reading to do. This is the best place to start. You can DIY if you read and follow this link. I find it the best site to learn from before you go paying someone.

Introduction to Irrigation Design

Mike NJ

Old 04-02-11, 06:25 AM
Digging is not hard at all, rent a trencher-- about $200.00 for 24 hrs. The hardest part is filling the trench back in. Make sure you add extra Tee's & plug them if in dought you do or do not need a sprinkler head. Really not very difficult to do, I have installed systems at my last & current home.

Old 04-04-11, 07:18 AM
@Lawrosa,
based on this :Introduction to Irrigation Design . Is it better not to mess with an irrigation system if the water is coming from a well?

Old 04-04-11, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator
Well you just need to do it correctly and size everthing accordingly.

Here I got to the well part for you. Read this.

Measure Your Water Pressure, Country Bumpkin Water

Mike NJ