Scotts products ?

Old 04-12-11, 09:56 PM
Scotts products ?

So I just put down some Scotts® Turf Builder® With Halts® Crabgrass Preventer for early spring. Do i still have to put down anything until late spring when i apply some Scotts® Turf Builder® With PLUS 2® Weed Control?
Is it ok to just use these Scotts products year round (along with the Scotts® Turf Builder® With SummerGuard & Scotts® Turf Builder® WinterGuard® With Plus 2® Weed Control) or should i also apply some other supplemental fertilizer/weed controller?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-11, 05:41 AM
Go one the Scotts web site and ask these same questions.
In summer most lawns need nothing done to them.
Most is done in the fall and spring.
Have your soil tested to see what it really needs instead of keep applying stuff.

Old 04-13-11, 05:54 AM
Group Moderator
Definitely check the Scotts site. They should have all the answers.

It's been many, many years since I've had a lawn in that good a condition but as I remember Halts only prevented new weeds from germinating (starting). It did not kill existing adult weeds. I used the regular Turf Builder for a season to kill the weeds and get the grass into good shape then I switched to the Halts to prevent new weeds.

Old 04-13-11, 08:14 AM
KRS8808 - I live in hte NorthEast and my soil is lightly acidic. I do the same lawn regimen every year. In early spring/late winter I add garden lime to sweeten the soil. As the grass starts to green I add Turf Builder +Halts. Around the same time I treat the lawn with Grub-ex. I fertilize with Turf Builder once or twice again during the year. My lawn stays green and relatively weed free all summer.

Probably the most important thing you can do for your lawn is to mow at the highest mower setting and to mow with sharp blades.