will this lawn survive?

Old 05-12-11, 06:31 PM
will this lawn survive?

Wondering if you folks could help me out.
I had some septic work done, after which it dug up all the crap rocky fill to the surface.
I had a guy with an attachement on a tractor that dug up the rocks, up to about 6-10 inches deep, and all the rock was hauled away.
I dont know the name of the thing, but it was a turning with spikes on it, which is what dug the rocks up. the soil was then rolledafter that it looked fine, so the lawn was seeded, hay placed over it, and ive been watering it at least 1x/day for about 2-3wks.
Now, as I was walking to the yard, I see all these rocks!
I don't know if this is ok and the lawn will be fine, or if I should have brought in other type of soil.

I've included a couple of pics. one is a wide view. This one looks ok, but the others are if you look straight down. Most of the rocks are about 1in +/-.

thanks for any help or suggestions.

LMA

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-11, 01:03 PM
The lawn should be fine, it sounds like you are doing everything right. You can never get rid of all the stones like that no matter how hard you try. After the lawn establishes is itself that will be much less noticeable. The only thing you'll have to do is be careful when you are mowing so you don't pick up rocks. Has a starter fertilizer been applied? If not it needs to be. Also I hope that was straw instead of hay or else you're going to have lots of junk coming up.

Old 05-27-11, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yes I did apply starter fertilizer.

And yes, it was straw and not hay.

Also, I finally figured out what was used to get rid of all those to rocks, it was a Harley rake

Old 05-27-11, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by newhomeshopper View Post
Also, I finally figured out what was used to get rid of all those to rocks, it was a Harley rake
That would have been my guess.