Fungus maybe?

Old 06-11-11, 09:15 PM
Fungus maybe?

Hi, i'm getting my butt kicked with this lawn.
I laid KBG sod last year. I found the soil to be mostly clay in Colorado springs.I tilled down 8" then compacted with a roller,added a 40% top 60% veggie compost which was about 2-3" thick.i added sprinklers.their is no shade.the front edge never did root last year.
this spring i pulled up the sod and dug down 12", replaced the soil with a mixture of sheep & peat (Use to help break down heavy clay soils), bags of top soil,and native soil from what was dug out.i then laid new sod. i kept the soil moistened, i did make the mistake of applying some quick release fertilizer to the whole lawn.maybe i burned the new turf? the neighbors lawn which was awesome last year died from winter kill, it was a dry winter. he had a company over last week installing new KBG sod and I had him take a look at my lawn, he pulled up the dead sod and said it was from little black ants drinking all the water, i did what he told me to do and applied bug b gone granules. their is a lot of springtails in the soil as their was last year but i think they are harmless. no other bugs present,just earthworms.a few days ago i did also apply scotts ready-to-use lawn fungus control just in case that is the problem. today i decided to test out scotts e-z seed on a patch
and see what that does. im about to do a soil sample as my next step. oh yeah i also have a couple large spots that are on the edge of dying, large patches that are drying out and looking like their about to die. i now water 1.5"-2" once a week.
any ideas? thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-11, 07:34 PM
well i made some rain gauges to measure my sprinklers and come to find out i have been only watering about 1/2" a week. i thought for sure i was putting more down than that running the sprinklers for 60 min. the lawn is coming back, im watering for 2hrs giving me 1" a week. and hand watering the problem areas. its looking nice maybe it was the fungus treatment but most likely i wasnt watering enough.