Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

Hose Reel Cart....just bought it and don't want it to turn to rust.

Old 07-04-11, 06:34 PM

Honestly, I am so sick of everything turning to rust in a years time. It is so expensive to the pocket.

Anyways I bought a metal hose reel cart from Lowes because I got tired of the plastic hose reels falling apart in 2 years time and then having to research for a month while 200 feet of hose laid all over yard.

This time around, it looks like I made another bad buy. Reviews show that this cart will turn to rust in only about 2 years.

I read a suggestion about buying a BBQ cover for the hose reel. Sorry to vent, but I am sick and tired of covering everything. When the wind comes, you never know what will blow away or if it will even fit.

Is there anything that I could spray on the reel so it doesn't rust?

I am really so sick of this...again sorry to vent but enough is enough!!!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-11, 06:46 PM
Just return it and continue your search for a good reel. As for leader hoses, I don't know if any come with a good one. Make your own out of a piece of quality hose and some repair ends.

Check out Garden Hose Reel : Shop Top Rated Hose Reels at HoseReelSource.com . I found it by doing a search. There is a large selection here. Maybe they have something worthwhile. The only idea I have for something good is perhaps an industrial or commercial grade hose reel.

Old 07-04-11, 07:06 PM
Nice site, thanks! Looks like the one I basically purchased is there and one of the comments says "rust" "rust" "rust"