Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Lawns, Landscaping and Outdoor Decor
Reload this Page >

After excavating yard for a 27ft pool, the "bobcat" broke some drain tiles

Old 07-15-11, 06:01 AM

The tiles are the flexible corrugated plastic drain pipe and are now above ground and crushed. Can we just cut out the crushed parts? And if so what do we use to cut it with? Truth is I don`t think we ever needed to put them in to begin with.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-11, 07:08 AM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums

I don't think you've provided enough information for anyone to say you can remove them, despite your thought they weren't needed, someone thought they were.

Last edited by stickshift; 07-19-11 at 08:32 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-15-11, 01:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Find the "business" end of the pipes and run water in them. At least that way you will know where they come from. If they are tied to your gutter system, you need them. It is possible to repair them and locate them deeper, but until I found out where they originate, I'd keep the bobcat broke a while.

Old 07-19-11, 07:38 AM
My daughter had them installed about 5 years ago because this area of the yard seemed to stay wet. It was advised to her by a local landscaper. I think she later realized some of the excess wetness was due to the neighbor nextdoors sprinkler schedule. That is why I said I thought they weren`t needed. Thanks

Old 07-19-11, 07:43 AM
They are not tied to the gutter system. There is just a 2ft section of drain pipe that is now sticking up in the ground from the area that they bobcat ran over. I don`t think they were buried very deep to begin with. Thanks for your reply.I guess my question is this, can we just remove the section that is sticking up? How would I cut this section out?